ELITOUR is the official Greek Medical Tourism Council and was established in 2013 as an initiative of Hospital Groups, as well as companies from the sectors of Health, Transport, Tourism, Insurance and Advertising, covering the whole spectrum of medical tourism services throughout Greece. It is the first successful collective effort aiming to introduce and integrate Greece in the international healthcare tourism map as a premier destination. It provides top quality services in a patient-oriented manner, always guided by strong ethical values such as integrity, respect and consistency.
Since its very establishment ELITOUR joined its forces with certified international organizations, European agencies and local authorities, undertaking a number of inspiring initiatives for the development of its strategic objectives, aiming to unite Greek healthcare providers, while expanding its activities towards international target markets.
Ιn the land that gave birth to modern medicine and is the origin of the Hippocratic Oath, medical services meet modern expertise and Greek hospitality, creating a unique fusion that welcomes you and wishes you “Good Health.” (a traditional Greek greeting).
With such a wealth of cultural and historical attractions, a tantalising array of beaches, bays and islands boasting tranquil blue waters there’s little wonder that Greece is one of the top tourist destinations in the world, and along with the sun-seekers it is now attracting a growing number of medical tourists who are combining a short break in Athens or a beach-style holiday with their treatment.
Greece possesses a plethora of qualities and inherent advantages, which serve Health Tourism and render Greece a top destination for international health tourists:
- High quality in private healthcare services and facilities’ infrastructure and value for money medical care
- Medical staff with an international recognition regarding skills and also one of the highest European rates in doctors per capita
- Easy access through numerous airports and sea ports, which also facilitates the creation of ‘health tourism bundles’ combining the medical and the tourism aspect of the visit
- Already acknowledged as a top international tourist destination (mild climate, cultural heritage, scenery variety, Mediterranean diet, etc.)
- High-end touristic facilities and international hospitality experience in one of the most popular destinations in the world
- A Mediterranean Paradise with more than 350 sunny days annually and original Mediterranean cuisine
- Easy access from around the world by plane, ship or train
- Strong heritage from the ancient times and unique touristic attractions with golden beaches, sunsets and Greek orthodox churches
- World-class facilities and advanced technology in line with the European quality and safety standards
- Culture and entertainment for every taste with hundreds of ancient and modern theatres, multiplex cinemas, operas, concert halls, discos and local folk music stages
- Infrastructure availability for various types of health tourism – Surgical/Rehabilitation/Hemodialysis/Diagnostics/Dentistry/IVF-Maternity
- Excellent medical services by highly skilled doctors with studies in the best Greek, European or American Universities